Salary: $11.30 to $13.00 /hour
We are looking to fill multiple roles for our Designated Care Specialist at Amavida Living!
Full and Part-time positions available.
The Designated Care Specialist is responsible for providing care to the residents, assisting and highlighting their life.
- Must be certified as a Certified Nursing Assistant (“CNA"), meet the state’s specific certification requirements, and maintain such licensure throughout employment.
- Med Tech certification is desired. If not currently certified, must be willing to obtain.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language and be able to communicate effectively with residents, families, and other staff members.
- Assist residents with the activities of daily living (“ADL”), including, but not limited to, dressing and undressing, bathing, personal hygiene, mobility devices, and care of ADL devices (hearing aids, eyeglasses, and the like).
- Under the supervision of a nurse, administer and accurately record the administration of medications as prescribed by a resident’s physician(s) in accordance with company’s policies and all applicable state and federal guidelines.
- Provide assistance with housekeeping tasks, use of the telephone, laundry, escort, transportation, and mail delivery.
- Observe and report changes in residents’ physical condition and cognitive/emotional status.
- Conduct resident checks and resident rounds and monitor for environmental hazards.
- Record any incidents, errors, accidents, and hazards.
- Notify the supervising director on duty of any of these types of events.
- Assist in tasks related to dining, including, but not limited to, escorting residents to the dining room, setting up and cleaning tables, serving meals, and busing tables.
- Order and monitor use of resident care supplies.
- Routinely inspect, clean, and monitor equipment and supplies to ensure resident safety.
- Report any equipment or supply issues to the Director of Resident Services for correction or repair.
- Participate in staff meetings, in-service education programs, projects, and committees as assigned.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.