We are currently hiring a full-time Memory Care Coordinator!
The Memory Care Coordinator is responsible for developing, coordinating, and implementing programs and services for residents with dementia. The main responsibility is to provide a therapeutic environment that maintains each resident's highest level of physical, social and physiological well-being.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Promotes a positive, respectful, and supportive environment for all residents, co-workers, families and guests.
- Assists in the welcome and orientation of new residents. Ensures all admission documents are complete, accurate and received within company time frames.
- Wears an identification badge and adheres to the company dress code.
- Practices excellent time management skills and completes tasks according to the residents’ service plans.
- Participates and represents the Memory Care Community during daily staffing meetings.
- Ensures effective communication occurs between wellness and memory care employees assigned to different shifts.
- Maintains state and federal regulations and actively participates during regulatory surveys and reviews as requested by the DON.
- Responds to state requests for information within the state required time frames.
- Attends in-service and monthly staff meetings.
- Maintains working knowledge of fire and disaster plans and has working knowledge of their own responsibilities under emergency conditions.
- Reports to work according to schedule and company policies, including severe weather situations.
- Expands personal development, skills and knowledge of activity programs as it relates to older adults with moderate to severe memory impairments in a long-term care setting.
- Maintains a current and organized filing system for the MC Department.
Resident Services and Continuity of Care
- Accomplishes duties observing all appropriate safety practices and policies.
- Delegates authority and tasks to qualified staff according to state law and regulations.
- Recognizes changes in residents’ conditions, reports changes promptly to DON, communicates changes and action taken to the family as appropriate and notifies physician according to company policy and procedures.
- Utilizes wellness and MC department systems to review staff response to resident needs, document resident care and monitor resident health status.
- Obtains and records accurate vital signs.
- Utilizes progress notes and communication forms effectively and in a timely manner.
- Provides training and orientation to new employees as requested by DON.
- Ensures a structured, daily activity program is implemented that is appropriate for persons with Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Recruits, hires, trains, counsels and schedules staff members in the Memory Care Community according to company policy and state regulations.
- Obtains and documents resident weight according to the service plan, state regulations and physician orders.
- Ensures incident reports are completed according to company policy and procedures. Coordinates immediate follow-up actions with the DON and/or Administrator.
- Ensures all staff complete specific training related to caring for persons with Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Consults with the DON and/or the Administrator to determine whether specific treatments require the use of external resources, such as home health care, outpatient rehabilitation, hospice, DME or if discharge to an institution providing a higher level of care is necessary.
- Observes for any signs of resident abuse, neglect or exploitation. Reports and immediately responds to any suspected, alleged and/or actual abuse according to company policy and state regulations.
- Coordinates elopement drills according to state regulations
- Provides follow-up, intervention and supervision for residents who have had a recent change in condition. Communicates effectively and documents all actions taken.
- Promotes resident safety and implements fall prevention programs.
- Promotes and assists residents participating in memory enhancement and performance improvement programs.
- Ensures resident charts are current, organized and in proper working condition. t. Assists and performs duties necessary to maintain a clean environment that promotes well-being.
Critical Success Factors
- Has at least two (2) years of Memory-Care related working experience.
- Models teamwork and consistently demonstrates professional and compassionate care.
- Demonstrates ability to work within a budget.
- Consistently models and supports the values of Amavida Living.
- Demonstrates leadership skills that positively influence the behavior of others.
- Is adaptable and flexible according to current census and resident needs.
- Provides thorough supervision of care and utilizes organizational skills to coordinate health care services.