Salary: $12.00 to $14.00 /hour
We are currently looking for full-time and part-time community drivers to join our amazing team!
The Driver will use the community vehicle to transport residents to and from appointments, events and/or activities.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have and maintain a valid Commercial Driver's license (CDL).
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language and be able to communicate effectively with residents, family and team members.
- Provide transportation services to residents, ensuring timely arrival to scheduled appointments.
- Operate and maintain the community vehicle in a safe and clean manner.
- Follow daily vehicle inspection procedure to inspect company vehicles for defects before and after trips using company vehicle checklist and reports any discrepancies indicating condition to Lifestyle Director.
- Follow procedure for maintaining adequate fuel levels in all company vehicles.
- Prior to departing a location, properly secure any residents in wheelchairs in an effort to prevent a wheelchair from moving while in transit.
- Assist resident in transferring or ambulating as necessary to participate in wellness programs.
- Follows standards, policies, and procedures of Amavida and demonstrates good judgement when transporting residents.
- Knowledgeable of and observes all state traffic laws and any other state work assignments required by driver.
- May assist Lifestyle Director with in-house activities, including planning and organizing, arranging furniture, decorating and general set-up for activities.
- Conducts self in a positive, professional manner in compliance with company policies and procedures and good customer service skills.
- Attend and participate in in-service educational classes and on-the-job training programs, etc., as scheduled or directed.
- Assist residents with loading and unloading packages from shopping trips.
- May act as sole resident chaperone for certain routine trips.