We are currently looking for full and part-time Activities Assistant to join our amazing team!
The Activities Assistant will be responsible for assisting the Director with leading programs, activities, and other events to enrich the lives of our residents.
This person must have a flexible schedule, will to work possible weekends and holidays.
- College degree with emphasis in gerontology/recreation programs is preferred.
- Prior experience with aging adults is preferred.
- At least six (6) months experience working within a similar capacity preferred.
- Previous event planning or administrative assistance role preferred.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Outlook, Publisher, and Word.
- Individuals must be able to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License where necessary and meet company driving standards.
- Individuals must also be able to read, write, and speak the English language and be able to communicate effectively with residents, family, and staff.
- Assist the Lifestyle Coordinators and Director with program planning to ensure an active, engaging and well-rounded lifestyle is available to residents in Independent and Assisted living.
- Lead Lifestyle programs and activities, including the setup, decorating and take down for programs, events, parties and meetings.
- Assist the Lifestyle Coordinators and Director with the creation and distribution of the monthly calendar and/or newsletter.
- Provide assistance before, during, and after resident outings.
- Communicate daily with residents and associates regarding activities, programs, and events.
- Maintain records of activities, events, programs, and monthly calendars.
- Assist in supporting volunteers with programs and events, as directed.
- Attend and lead team, vendor and resident meetings and trainings as directed.
- Maintain awareness around community that could negatively impact resident safety.
- Attend and participate in in-service educational classes and on-the-job training programs, etc., as scheduled or directed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.