Salary: $14.00 to $16.00 /hour
We are currently looking for a full-time Fitness Coordinator to join our amazing team!
The fitness coordinator will design and implement an all-inclusive wellness program that will address the components of physical fitness and health related for the geriatric community.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Degree in Exercise Science or similar program from a four-year college or university is preferred.
- Must have prior experience as either an Exercise Instructor and/or Personal Trainer or have experience in exercise with seniors.
- Must be certified in CPR, AED and Group Exercise.
- Qualified candidate will have certification reflecting specialized training in fitness and exercise.
- Certifications from ACE, ACSM, AFAA, ASFA, NSCA preferred.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Outlook, Publisher, and Word.
- Individuals must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Individuals must also be able to read, write, and speak the English language and be able to communicate effectively with residents, family, and staff.
- Works within the Lifestyle program to promote safety and the well-being of all residents.
- Assist the Lifestyle Director with creating monthly calendar.
- The Fitness Coordinator shall bring ideas, resources, and member interests to the meeting to assist in the development of the Treasure Your Life program for all levels of care.
- Develop and lead a schedule of classes focusing on the components of physical fitness and health.
- Builds the classes based on the determined level, health and mobility of the members in order for the members to gain in physical/mental health or to maintain current physical or mental status.
- Responsible to set up on time and clean in a timely manner all areas utilized for well ness classes. Also maintains cleanliness of all areas designated as wellness spaces, including storage closets and offices, as well as any common areas where classes, speakers, or exercise will take or have taken place.
- Host regularly scheduled fitness center orientations and safety information events.
- Schedules resident appointments for fitness sessions, evaluations, class sign-ups, orientations, and wellness related challenges.
- Attains daily and monthly attendance for fitness room usage and all wellness classes in order to chart success of programming. Makes adjustments in scheduling, class names, and class formats based on participation data and member success each session.
- Completes monthly reports pertaining to attendance, programming, member success and function and equipment maintenance.
- Educate residents regarding the community wellness program.
- Coordinates wellness and exercise opportunities with residents, agencies, physicians, families, consultants and other departments.
- Maintains fitness equipment in good working order, sanitary by cleaning on a regular schedule, and performs routine preventative maintenance on equipment as needed. Reports any malfunctioning equipment to the Lifestyle Director, Maintenance Director or to the vendor for needed repairs.
- Educates class participants as to self-protection from infectious diseases.
- Assist residents in transferring or ambulating as necessary to participate in wellness programs.