Salary: $19.00 to $21.00 /hour
We are currently looking for full and part-time Licensed Practical Nurse to join our amazing team!
The LPN will be responsible for the direct and indirect personal care services given to our residents.
Must be able to work 12 hours shifts and have flexible schedule, willing to work weekends and holidays.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing and must have and maintain a valid, unrestricted nursing license in the state.
- Experience with aging adults and knowledge of regulations pertaining to Assisted Living Facilities preferred.
- Individual must also be able to read, write, and speak the English language and be able to communicate effectively with residents, family, physicians and staff.
- Alertness and skill in recognizing and identifying symptoms.
- Ability to adhere to acceptable time frames for routine matters and assignments while having constant interruptions.
- Provide direct resident services and medication management when needed.
- Ensures quality and safe delivery of services by participating in development and implementation of resident service plan to implement goals designed to promote the maximum level of functioning for each individual in the assisted living setting.
- Oversee the provision of assistance with ADL’s to residents whose service plan indicates the need
- Documents in the resident records, in an accurate and timely manner, to reflect the delivery of quality and safe services designed to meet the needs of the resident.
- Assisting care providers and ensuring continuing promotion of the resident's physical and emotional health by assisting and teaching the resident regarding his/her medical care, (documents if resident refuses to follow plan of service in resident's chart).
- Schedule tests ordered by the physician, assist residents in scheduling medical appointments and transportation.
- Visit/assess residents who are ill and provide/arrange necessary follow-up.
- May assist with orientation and education of resident care staff.
- Make daily rounds to monitor care provided by resident care staff.
- May assist with scheduling and supervision of resident care staff.
- Keep MAR’s complete and accurate.
- Oversee medication management for residents whose service plan demonstrates the need.
- Demonstrate competency in all areas of medication administration.
- Comply with and maintain current knowledge of community, state and licensure guidelines/standards of practice.
- Promptly notifies the resident’s health provider of any medication errors, omissions, side effects and/or food-drug interactions.
- Maintain medication storage, destruction and narcotic management within the community and regulatory guidelines.
- Participates in resident service plan conference as appropriate.
- Observes that resident conditions are accurately reported to the Director of Nursing on a timely basis.
- Organizes and completes assignments on time.
- Promotes and protects resident’s rights, assists Residents to make informed decisions, treats Residents with dignity and respect and protects Residents’ personal belongings.