Salary: $17.00 to $19.00 /hour
We are currently looking for a full-time Sous Chef to join our amazing team!
The Sous Chef will oversee the daily preparation and production of the kitchen in the community to ensure high quality food served to residents, team members and guests in a safe and sanitary manner.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- At least one (1) year food service experience in a commercial setting.
- Demonstrated management skill in a high performance and team –oriented environment, leadership ability, and capacity for creative and innovative thinking.
- Individuals must also be able to read, write, and speak the English language and be able to communicate effectively with residents, family, and staff.
- Individual must be able to use math to compute recipes and costing, as well as possess skills in preparing specialized dishes for specific diets.
- Create, role-model, and maintain a high level of service and hospitality in a team- oriented setting.
- Day to day supervision of kitchen associates to provide high quality meals in a timely fashion.
- Adherence to all sanitation, food handling, safety policies, procedures and authorities.
- Complete all production documentation and assure recipe compliance on a daily basis
- Assistance with administration of any kitchen in-services or training as required by state or federal law.
- Assure that all food & beverage protocols and procedures are followed in accordance with established policies.
- Maintain personal appearance and hygiene standards according to established procedures.
- Reporting of all hazardous conditions or equipment and all accidents and incidents.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of product specifications.
- Inspecting and analyzing kitchen operations to determine improvements that will result in enhanced product quality, employee well-being and resident satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain a good working rapport with inter-department personnel and other departments within the community, to assure that food & beverage programs can be properly maintained to meet the needs of community and residents.
- Assure that the community is maintained in a clean, safe, and orderly manner for resident comfort and convenience as we all assuring all work/assignment areas are clean and from clutter.
- Ensure that resident’s rights to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property, and civil rights, including the right to wage complaints are followed.
- Assist with monthly inventory of all food and non-food supplies. Assist with placing food orders to meet menu requirements, processing of deliveries, and storing food and non-food supplies.
- Assist with hiring, training, and counseling of all Culinary Associates.
- Remove from service all cracked or broken dishes or damaged utensils which might be hazardous to residents and staff. Notify the Culinary Director of damage.
- Sore dishes, glassware, and utensils properly.
- Follow established methods of meal preparation and presentation.
- Serve meals to residents promptly and in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Assure that meals, salads, and desserts are properly portioned.