Salary: $16.00 to $20.00 /hour
We are currently looking for full-time Maintenance Assistants to join our amazing team!
The Maintenance Assistant will assist the Facilities Director with his responsibilities of overall maintenance, upkeep and appearance of the community and ensures that all aspects of the community are in good working order.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Individuals must be able to obtain a Commercial Driver's License where necessary.
- Individuals must also be able to read, write, and speak the English language and be able to communicate effectively with residents, family, and staff.
- Ability to react calmly and confidently under pressure and in unexpected situations.
- Make independent and good judgment decisions within proper policy and procedures.
- Assist with the maintenance of all areas of the community, including, but not limited to, the building, grounds, fences, parking areas, ditches, community houses, swimming pools, spas, furniture, appliances, heating and air conditioning, and lift stations.
- Assist with the maintenance of all service equipment, power equipment, power tools, hand tools, and kitchen equipment according to manufacturer’s guidelines. Coordinate preventive maintenance programs according to manufacturer’s guidelines and specifications.
- Assist with the maintenance of preventive maintenance records on each residential unit. Utilize work order system to track all repairs. Communicate with residents the status of repairs.
- Conduct daily inspections of building interior, exterior grounds, and outside equipment.
- Promote the safety of residents, visitors, and associates by identifying and resolving any potentially dangerous situations, including, but not limited to, facilitating in the clean-up of any liquid spills, and eliminating trip hazards. Notify the Facilities Director of any unresolved and unsafe conditions of equipment and/or facilities that may endanger a resident, visitor, and/or associate of the community.
- Work with contract services when necessary for timely results.
- Attend and participate in in-service educational classes and on-the-job training programs, etc., as scheduled or directed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.