Salary: $12.00 to $15.00 /hour
We are currently looking for a full-time Porter to join our amazing team!
The Porter will assist both facilities and security personnel in preventative maintenance for the property. The Porter will also assist the rest of the team and residents, as directed, to manage the property in an efficient manner.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Individuals must be able to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License where necessary.
- Individuals must also be able to read, write and speak the English language and be able to communicate effectively with residents, family and staff.
- Make independent and good judgment decisions within proper policy and procedures.
- Represent the community in a positive manner while creating an environment that fosters respect and courtesy for residents and team members.
- Assist with the maintenance of all areas of the community, including, but not limited to, the building, grounds, fences, parking areas, ditches, community houses, swimming pools, spas, furniture, appliances, heating and air conditioning, and lift stations.
- Assist with the maintenance of all service equipment, power equipment, power tools, hand tools, and kitchen equipment according to manufacturer’s guidelines. Coordinate preventive maintenance programs according to manufacturer’s guidelines and specifications.
- Physically walk the property on a frequent basis and remove litter and debris from the grounds to ensure areas remain neat and free of litter.
- Dispenses soap, paper products and janitorial supplies to appropriate departments or areas.
- Completes assigned tasks involving the refurbishment of rooms, apartments, common areas, utility spaces, and houses to "like new" status.
- Promote the safety of residents, visitors, and associates by identifying and resolving any potentially dangerous situations, including, but not limited to, facilitating in the clean-up of any liquid spills, and eliminating trip hazards.
- Notify the Maintenance Director of any unresolved and unsafe conditions of equipment and/or facilities that may endanger a resident, visitor, and/or associate of the community.
- Assist residents and/or visitors will luggage, bags and/or packages.
- Occasionally assist with valet parking, to include obtaining keys from the driver and parking the car to a designated parking spot and when the car owner returns, retrieve the car and help them inside.
- Maintain the recreational rental items and assist with use/storage.