We are currently looking to an experienced Executive Chef to join our amazing team!
The Executive Chef is responsible for all food production including that used for the restaurants, banquets, and all other outlets. Responsibilities include oversight and development of the department’s team members, food preparation, delivery, day-to-day operations of the kitchen, and program advocacy. Maintain highest professional food quality, presentation, and sanitation standards and ensure all menus are in compliance with local governing agency (AHCA), as well as promotes highest satisfaction to our customers and associates.
- Associates degree in Culinary Arts or related field.
- Prior food service management or Executive Chef experience required, preferably in senior living environment.
- Demonstrated management skill in a high performance and team –oriented environment, leadership ability, and capacity for creative and innovative thinking.
- Must possess a current Food Safety Manager’s permit or equivalent as regulated by state and local authorities.
- Individual must be able to use math to compute recipes and costing, as well as possess skills in preparing specialized dishes for specific diets.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with residents, families, vendors, associates, and corporate
- Provide vision, leadership, and advocacy for the Food and Beverage
- Create, role-model, and maintain a high level of service and hospitality in a team- oriented setting.
- Hire, train, and provide direct supervision to all back of house staff and promote associate retention and
- Plans, tests and costs new menus and menu items for daily breakfast, lunch and dinner meal services, as well as special events.
- Ensure departmental compliance with preparation and maintenance of required records, reports, and paperwork regarding food and beverage
- Provide knowledgeable oversight for all food production, including, but not limited to, menu-planning, purchasing, cost control, and
- Ensure the safety of the food in the community through compliance with all applicable company, local, state, and federal sanitation and safe food handling procedures and regulations.
- Ensure the safety for all associates working in the kitchen and associated areas in compliance with all applicable safety policies and procedures. Document, analyze, and prevent safety violations and injuries to our associates and residents.
- Ensure that all food and beverage policies, protocols, and procedures are followed. Make recommendations to Food and Beverage Director on changes and updates, as needed.
- Monitor and adhere to food and beverage’s
- Promote and contribute to community’s positive reputation and perception of the food and beverage department, including its management and
- Participate in assessing and improving operations, product quality, associate relations, and resident
- Serves as an active, valuable member of the community’s leadership team and other task groups, as appropriate.
- Attends and participates in all in-service educational classes and on-the-job training programs, etc., as scheduled or directed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.